About Us


Established in 1875, the Naracoorte Herald has a long history of servicing Naracoorte and surrounding towns, including Lucindale, Penola, Padthaway and Frances among others.

Harry and Margaret Peake bought the paper in 1958 and their son Richard Peake and his wife Judith Barton took control in 1979.

The Herald has operated continuously apart from a short period at the turn of the 20th century when the owners of the time were successfully sued for libel and were put out of business.

In October 2010, the Herald moved from being a family-owned operation to joining a national network when the masthead was bought by Fairfax Media.




Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop