A NUMBER of local sporting groups will receive a financial helping hand thanks to the State Government's Community Recreation and Sport Facilities Program and Active Club Program.
Recreation and Sport Minister Leon Bignell said sporting clubs were the lifeblood of their local communities.
“Community sport and recreation not only helps to keep people healthy and active, it also strengthens communities," Mr Bignell said.
“We’re committed to supporting programs which improve the health and wellbeing in the community and getting people involved in sport and physical recreation."
Funding has gone to 400 active sports and recreation organisations, community based organisations, schools and local government across the state this round.
Community Recreation and Sport Facilities Program
- Naracoorte Lucindale Council to establish an outdoor fitness trail at Memorial Parklands, $30,000.
- SE Local Government Association to produce the Limestone Coast Regional Trails Master Plan, $25,000.
Active Club Program
- Penola Sports Club to assist with an air-conditioning upgrade, $12,000.
- Naracoorte and District Hockey Association to assist with the installation of solar panels, $4500.
- Naracoorte Bowls Club to purchase sport and ground maintenance equipment, $2000.
-Naracoorte Tennis Club to assist with a tennis court upgrade, $1800.
- Kingston Pony Club for uniforms, club promotion, sport and ground maintenance equipment, $4000.