KNTFL president Michael Mourbey has dismissed rumours the Mundulla Oval is a health risk.
It had been rumoured an injured footballer several weeks ago contracted a staph infection from the Tatiara town's oval - which was also a mudbath for the qualifying finals on August 24.
Mourbey said the league did its due dilligence and following consultation with the club and doctors it was established the oval did not pose an infection risk to players.
"There is no evidence or any proof anything like that can occur," he said. "Unfortunately rumours are running rampant.
"There have never been health concerns (at Mundulla) to my knowledge."
It was rumoured the qualifying final at the ground was set to be moved as a result of the concerns, which Mourbey denied.
He said there was a minor issue with the playing surface itself and how it would hold up in the heavy conditions.
"Mundulla were happy to give it a go, " Mourbey said. "And we were happy to put our faith in the club."
Mr Mourbey said the only way the games could have been moved was if Mundulla put their hand up and said it couldn't happen. "It'd have to be fairly severe to move a final," he said.