AN electrical fault is believed to be the cause of a recent caravan fire on Memorial Dr, Naracoorte.
CFS crews were called to the fire just after 12am on September 23.
Initially the fire was localised to the caravan but Naracoorte brigade captain Shane Smith said upon arrival the blaze was "going extremely well and was starting to impact on the house".
Two appliances and 10 firefighters attended, with the first crew protecting the house and the second extinguishing the fire in the van.
"We had the fire under control within five minutes," Mr Smith said. "The main concern was the house."
A breathing apparatus crew was sent into the house to make sure the fire had not spread, as the caravan was parked in close proximity to the house's outer wall.
Approximately $10,000-$12,000 worth of damage was caused.
No one was in the caravan at the time of the fire, however it was well loaded with clothes and other items as the owner was preparing to go away for work.