The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for heavy rainfall and damaging winds for people in the upper and lower SE.
In the south of the state, severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in locations such as Naracoorte, Bordertown and Mount Gambier.
The north west pastoral district are likely to experience heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding, damaging wind gusts in excess of 90 km/h in the warning area over the next several hours.
There is also a chance of large hail with these thunderstorms.
Locations which may be affected include parts of the Great Victoria Desert.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Secure or put away loose items around your property
- Move cars under cover or away from trees
- Keep clear of fallen power lines
- Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains
- Stay indoors, away from windows, while storms are nearby
For more information, visit the Bureau’s website at http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS65502.shtml.