The Naracoorte branch of the Embroiderers’ Guild of SA recently held its annual general meeting.
All previous office bearers were re-elected – president, Pat Gericke; vice president, Liz Kidman; secretary, Kaye Beauchamp; and treasurer, Jan Miles.
Events of the last year were reported:
- An exhibition at the Naracoorte Art Gallery titled "Threads by Three", in conjunction with other local textile groups.
- The regional gathering for other embroidery groups in the South East was hosted by the branch. Guest speaker was Lyn Uphill ,of Riverlea Quilts.
- Members participated in a Guild project to create a "Signature Christmas Tree" which will be displayed at headquarters in Adelaide later this year.
- A small group took some examples of their work to Edenhope Nursing Home to show the residents.
- Some members recently attended the State Conference in Mount Gambier.
Beginners are welcome to join the group for a "Come and Try" session on any meeting day, or an evening session can be arranged if there is enough interest.
Meetings are held at the Sheep’s Back Museum on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 9.30am - 2.30pm.
Anyone with an interest in embroidery, traditional or contemporary, is invited to visit and meet the members or for more information contact Pat on 8762 2668 or Kaye on 0431 961 005.