Naracoorte Lucindale Council is welcoming comment on its draft budget and draft annual business plan for 2019-20.
These documents are available to the public, and are located on the council's website. The public have been invited to submit their comments and suggestions to the council, with the deadline being 5pm on Thursday June 6.
You can comment at https://yoursay.naracoortelucindale.sa.gov.au/draftannualbudget2019-2020, prepare a written statement to be sent to council at PO Box 555, Naracoorte SA 5271, indicating 'Draft Annual Business Plan & Budget 2019-20', or send an email to email@example.com.
Written suggestions can also be dropped in to the Naracoorte council office (at DeGaris Place).
Statements or queries can also be delivered in person within the public gallery at a special council meeting being held in the council chambers (on DeGaris Place), on Tuesday, June 11 from 7pm-8pm.
Once the public have been consulted about their views the draft budget and business plan will be under review, and only formalised after the June 25 council meeting.
Rates and Service Levies:
- General rates raised by an overall of 1.6%. There will continue to be pensioner and self-funded concessions, council rebates for eligible organisations and/or persons (such as community groups), and the postponement of rates based on hardship under Section 182 of the Local Government Act.
- The service charge for bin collection ($320 per annum) will remain the same.
- The Community Wastewater Management System (CWMS) in Lucindale to be raised from $580 to $589 on occupied properties and from $210 to $213 for vacant land.
Finances and Project Funding
(Budgeted statement of forecasted financial position as at 30 June 2020).
- Economic Development Total Operational Budget - $162,190 (2018-19: $177,152)
- ARC Linkage Project (Naracoorte Caves) - $74,000 (refer resolution 83/16)
- Naracoorte Caves Connection Project - $20,000
- Economic Development Strategy (major review of Economic Development Strategy) - $20,000
- Innovation Fund - $20,000
- Cluster Project - Red Meat (includes in-kind) - $10,000
- Contribution to LCLGA for RDA Limestone Coast - $13,190
Planning and Compliance
- Public Conveniences Total Operational Budget - $166,249 (2018-19: $158,901)
- Loan interest for Naracoorte CBD public toilets - $3,070. Loan due for finalisation in 2021.
- Cleaning - $57,300
- Building maintenance - $46,600 (includes $3,000 to paint the Lucindale CBD Toilets; $5,000 to paint the IB Edwards Oval Toilets; and $2,000 to install privacy screens at the Market Square Toilets).
- (Expenditure Public toilets are located in the Naracoorte and Lucindale CBD, at the Lucindale Oval, Memorial Oval, Pioneer Park, Market Square Recreation Area and Cockatoo Lake).
- Building and structure maintenance (including Sound Shell) - $12,530
- BBQ cleaning - $4,000
- Bore maintenance amd repairs - $10,000
- Boston & Brim Reserve maintenance - $5,000
- CBD (Naracoorte) lawn renovation - $50,000
- Frances, Hynam & Kybybolite maintenance - $8,000
- Gare Swamp Restoration - $5,000
- Naracoorte North Parklands Nature Park - $1,500
- Roadside mowing - $40,000
- Street furniture maintenance - $10,000
- Town entrance maintenance - $25,000 (includes removal of poplar trees & some pines on southern entrance and replacement planting)
- Naracoorte Creek maintenance - $15,000
- Naracoorte Creek walk maintenance - $23,200 (includes $3,200 in remitted rates and licence fees for access through private properties)
- Playground audits and inspections - $3,000
- Playground maintenance - $10,000
- Lucindale Rose Bed (replacement of 40 roses) - $10,000
- Market Square Garden Bed (replant) - $10,000
- Memorial Parklands (replace pines and weed species with avenue planting) - $50,000
- Smith Street (replant planter beds) - $30,000
- Street trees (maintenance, contractors & purchases) - $35,000
- Christmas decorations and installation - $10,000
- Maintenance (Townships) - $354,000 (depreciation - $78,734)
- Allocation of mower for Frances and Kybybolite - $5,000
- Naracoorte Sports Centre - maintenance of common areas - $10,000
- Support of local organisations - $5,000
- Wortley Oval (water) - $600 (depreciation - $15,118)
Naracoorte Swimming Lake Total Operational Budget - $266,716 (2018-19: $262,586)
- Expenditure electricity - $19,000
- Equipment maintenance & pump servicing - $5,600
- Chlorine and chemicals - $40,000
- Land and building maintenance - $51,000
- Parks and gardens maintenance - $12,000
- Inspections and callouts (chlorine and pumps monitoring) - $54,000
- Cleaning - $9,500
- Lake security - $14,000
- Depreciation - $58,256
Operational Budget - Strategic
- Roads Maintenance Total Operational Budget - $5,768,219 (2018-19: $5,760,424)
- Expenditure Bridge maintenance - $20,000
- Walkways, driveway, kerb and water table maintenance - $75,000
- Drainage maintenance (rural) - $40,000
- Guide post installation - $40,000
- Road opening and closings (formal process) - $5,000
- Native vegetation, mowing and weed spraying - $155,000
- Sign replacement (includes temporary road signage) - $100,000
- Storm damage and callouts - $60,000
- Tree maintenance - $300,000
- Water point maintenance - $5,000
- Linemarking - $95,000
- Sealed road repairs - $160,000
- Shoulder maintenance - $110,000
- Grading - $750,000
- Unsealed road repairs - $200,000
- Loan interest, concrete bridge and CBD roundabouts - $21,507
- Depreciation - $4,864,850
- Income Grants Commission - $511,516
- Grants Commission Supplementary Road Funding - $245,000 (2018-19: $247,000)
- Roads to Recovery - $491,623