Port Adelaide has made the tough decision to not renew the contracts of four players, including a former Padthaway product.
South East footballer Tobin Cox, along with Joe Atley, Riley Grundy and Wylie Buzza, were told on Thursday that they would not be offered a spot on the club's list next season.
Cox landed at Alberton in the 2018 Rookie Draft and immediately showcased his class around goals and his fantastic set shot.
The 21-year-old booted 30 goals from 15 SANFL games last year, and got his first look at the AFL level in the 2020 Marsh Community Series when he played against the Brisbane Lions.
General Manager of Football Chris Davies stated this time of the year is the toughest for most clubs, as they have the job of telling players they are no longer required.
"We've reached the time of the year where we have to make difficult decisions about the direction we take with our playing list," Davies said.
"I would like to thank Joe, Riley, Tobin and Wylie for their efforts and professionalism during their time at the club, and the contribution they have made to our group.
"They will always be part of the Port Adelaide family, and we wish them well for the future on and off the field."
Jake Patmore and Martin Frederick have also been advised they will no longer train with the club beyond this week, as the club awaits a decision on the future of list sizes and Category B rookies.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many AFL clubs expect list sizes to decrease, forcing list managers to make tough decisions on a number of their uncontracted players.
The league's salary cap is expected to shrink to $6.2 million per club, down on the planned salary cap of $13,273,522 per club next season.